The new EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into force from 25th May 2018. We at Coláiste Laighean Teoranta are committed to safeguarding any information you give us.
If you ever booked a course with us this is the data on students that is deleted in the autumn after the summer courses are over:
- Date of Birth
- Postal address
- Any learning difficulties
- Year at school and expected year of Junior Cert or Leaving Cert
- Health insurance details and any medical details/history provided
- Dietary requirements
- Whether or not the student was permitted to go swimming
- Any “other special request” info e.g. to share dorm with a friend
- Emergency Contact Person’s name and their contact details
We try to retain the least amount of data required but if you ever booked a course with us this is the data on students that is retained after the summer courses are over:
- Student first and last name
- Course attended and school attended
If you ever booked a course with us (or even if you never booked a course) this is the data on parents/guardians that is retained after the summer courses are over:
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Any contact numbers provided
- Your email address
- Records of any payment made to Coláiste Laighean (amounts & dates but not card details)
What we use the data for:
Internal record keeping in preparation for the courses and for use during the courses.
Sending you receipts for payments or information regarding future summer courses and Revision courses – we try to send out the minimum amount of emails.
Legal requirements e.g. keeping financial records for any audit.
What we DON’T use this data to:
Pass on to any third-party.
We try to retain the least amount of data required and to send out the minimum amount of emails / contact.
If you don’t wish to continue receiving communications from Coláiste Laighean please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details from our contact list.
Be aware you may have more than one account with Coláiste Laighean for example if you have 2 different email addresses or if the other parent/guardian in the household has made a different application. If this is the case you may receive multiple emails and should specify which email addresses you wish to remove.
And, don’t forget that at any time you can change your preferences by contacting Caoimhín at 087 1358197 or by mail at www.colaistelaighean.com as you have full control over your contact preferences.